The rPAC is a pocket-sized solution. It features hi-fi-grade hardware and software engineering, specifically designed to enhance your laptop or desktop listening. From low-bitrate internet radio to better-than-CD-quality downloads, you’ll hear more of the music you love.
And it’s not just about music: the rPAC can boost all your computer entertainment, from gaming and movies to catch-up TV services, such as BBC iPlayer and Sky Go.
Simply connect the rPAC to your computer (Windows XP, 7 or Mac OSX – please note Linux is not supported by the rPAC) using the supplied USB cable, then either on to an audio system via a standard RCA lead (also included), or out to headphones. Lovers of the latter are well served by the rPAC, which features a high-quality headphone amp, complete with volume controls.
It’s that simple. No batteries or mains needed. We even give you a carry case to help you on your way to better audio, anywhere.
Using a digital to analogue converter (DAC) normally found in very high end HiFi components and Arcam’s world-class audio circuitry, the rPAC takes audio files stored on a MAC or PC and delivers converts them into beautiful music with stunning clarity and precision. Its USB power system means no “wall wart” PSU is needed and the choice of line level output or headphones socket allows you to share the musical enjoyment with friends or keep it all to yourself!
The rPAC will sit discreetly beside any desktop or laptop computer and is constructed using a durable, precision cast aluminum case. Designed for music lovers everywhere it is ideal for the home, office or on the road.
- DAC – TI PCM5102
- Input – USB (Asynchronus)
- Frequency response – 10Hz — 20kHz, ±0.1dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise – 0.002%
- Signal-to-noise ratio (A –Weighted) – 106dB (24-bit)
- Line output level – 2.15Vrms
- Supported sample rates – 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Bit depth – 16-bit, 24-bit
- Headphone output power – 138mW
- Headphone signal-to-noise ratio – 98dB
- Power requirements – 2.5W max
- Dimensions (wxdxh, mm) 100 x 62 x 25
- Weight 300g