Scarlatti DAC uses state-of-the-art dCS technology including the dCS Ring DAC™ Digital Processing Platform and Clocking System so that, as the hub of a digital audio system, an array of features guarantees amazing performance from any digital source.
TARALABS RSC AIR EVOLUTION DIGITAL 110 XLR 1.0M DIGITAL CABLE X 3 ( WORTH RM 17,370 )
- Flexible output configuration can be optimised in systems with or without preamplifiers.
- All dCS products use a sophisticated multi-mode Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL), which significantly reduces clock jitter.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Aerospace-grade aluminium chassis and laminated acoustic damping panels reduce magnetic effects and vibration.
- Low-power LC display makes the user interface easier to read, keeps power requirements down and minimises electrical noise.
- Separate power circuits for the digital and analogue sections further enhance the purity of the power supply.
- ‘Soft’ approach to programmable logic allows new software to be loaded from a dCS update CD to add new features and adapt to changes in digital formats.
|Colour||Silver or Black.|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||465mm/18.3” x 405mm/16.0” x 75mm/3.0”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.|
|Converter Type||Proprietary dCS Ring DAC™ topology, oversampling to 5 bits at 2.822 or 3.07MS/s.|
|Analogue Outputs||Output Levels: 2V rms or 6V rms on all outputs for a full-scale input, set in the menu.
Balanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold). These outputs are electronically balanced and floating, the signal balance ratio at 1kHz is better than 40dB, Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ load is recommended).
Unbalanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA Phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ load is recommended).
|Digital Inputs||IEEE 1394 interface on 2x 6-way connectors. The interface accepts dCS-encrypted DSD (1 bit data at 2.822MS/s).
2x AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192kS/s and DoP DSD over PCM) OR as a Dual AES pair, 24 bit PCM data at 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 & 384 kS/s or DoP or dCS-encrypted DSD.
3x SPDIF on 2x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192kS/s AND DOP (DSD over PCM).
1x SPDIF optical on a Toslink connector, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 & 96kS/s.
1x SDIF-2 interface on 2x BNC connectors, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 & 96kS/s or SDIF-2 DSD (auto-selected). If the unit is not in Master mode, this interface requires a compatible Word Clock input, locked to the data rate.
|Word Clock I/O||Word Clock input on 1x BNC connector. Accepts standard Word Clock at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192kHz. The data rate can be the same as the clock rate or an exact multiple (0.5x, 1x, 2x, 4x) of the clock rate. Sensitive to TTL levels.
Word Clock output on 1x BNC connector. In Master mode, a TTL-compatible 44.1kHz Word Clock is available.
|Residual Noise||Better than -110dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz unweighted (6V Setting).|
|Spurious Responses||Better than -100dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz.|
|Filters||PCM mode: 4 filters give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response. 2 extra filters are available at 44.1, 176.4kS/s and 192kS/s. DSD mode: 4 filters progressively reduce out-of-audio band noise level (inherent in the 1 bit nature of DSD).|
|Software Updates||Loaded from CD-R via PCM digital inputs.|
|Local Control||Nevo Q50™ programmable remote control is supplied with Scarlatti Transport, or RS232.|
|Power Supply||Factory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 49-62Hz.|
|Power Consumption||22 Watts typical/30 Watts maximum|