Vivaldi DAC uses the latest groundbreaking dCS technology including ‘next generation’ versions of the dCS Ring DAC™, Digital Processing Platform and Clocking System so that, as the hub of a digital audio system, an array of features guarantees superlative performance from any digital source.
TARALABS RSC AIR EVOLUTION DIGITAL 110 XLR 1.0M DIGITAL CABLE X 3 (WORTH RM 17,370)
Out of stock
- Utilises the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform for state-of-the-art measured performance and unrivalled fidelity.
- Designed for maximum flexibility by accepting audio data from a variety of digital sources.
- Flexible output configuration can be optimised in systems with or without preamplifiers.
- Comprehensive clocking architecture plus an auto-clocking mode used in Vivaldi range improves ease-of-use and minimises jitter.
- USB interface allows easy connection to a computer, accepting PCM data at up to 24/384 and DoP (DSD/64 or DSD/128 over PCM).
- The interface runs in asynchronous USB mode, making the DAC immune to jitter from noisy computer master clocks.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and superior tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive analogue circuitry is unaffected by digital interference.
- Separate power circuits for the digital and analogue sections further enhance the purity of the power supply.
- Aerospace-grade machined aluminium chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduces magnetic effects and vibration.
|Colour||Silver or Black.|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 151mm/6.0” high. Allow extra depth for cable connectors. Allow space for air flow around the unit.|
|Converter Type||dCS proprietary Ring DAC™ topology, with a choice of 3MHz or 6MHz operation.|
|Analogue Outputs||Output Levels: 0.2V, 0.6V, 2V or 6V rms on all outputs for a full-scale input, set in the menu.
Balanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold). These outputs are electronically balanced and floating, the signal balance ratio at 1kHz is better than 40dB, Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ-100kΩ load is recommended).
Unbalanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA Phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (a 10kΩ-100kΩ load is recommended).
|Digital Inputs||USB 2.0 interface on a type B connector. Operates in asynchronous mode, will accept PCM data up to 24 bits at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kS/s and DoP (DSD/64 or DSD/128 over PCM) in USB Audio Class 2 mode, can operate in Class 1.
4x AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DoP/64 OR 2x Dual AES pairs at 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384kS/s & DoP/64, DoP/128 plus dCS encrypted DSD.
3x SPDIF on 2x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kS/s & DoP.
1x SPDIF optical on a Toslink connector, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 & 96kS/s.
1x SDIF-2 interface on 2x BNC connectors, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 & 96kS/s or SDIF-2 DSD (auto-selected). This interface requires a compatible Word Clock input, locked to the data rate.
|Word Clock I/O||3x Word Clock inputs on 3x BNC connectors, accept standard Word Clock at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz. The data rate can be the same as the clock rate or an exact multiple (0.25x, 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x) of the clock rate. Sensitive to TTL levels.
Word Clock output on 1x BNC connector. In Master mode, a TTL-compatible 44.1kHz Word Clock is available. In Universal Master Mode a 38.4kHz Word Clock is available for use with the Vivaldi Upsampler.
|Residual Noise||Better than -113dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz unweighted (6V Setting).|
|L-R crosstalk||Better than -115dB0, 20-20kHz.|
|Spurious Responses||Better than -105dB0 @ 20-20kHz.|
|Filters||PCM mode: 4 filters give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response. 2 extra filters are available at 44.1, 176.4, 192, 352.8 and 384kS/s. DSD mode: 4 filters progressively reduce out-of-audio band noise level (inherent in the 1 bit nature of DSD), plus Filter 5 which has an improved transient response.|
|Software Updates||Loaded from CD-R via PCM inputs or PC via USB interface.|
|Local Control||dCS Premium Remote is supplied as standard. RS232 (controlled by a third party device).|
|Power Supply||Factory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 49-62Hz.|
|Power Consumption||23 Watts typical/50 Watts maximum.|