RM10,630.00 Including GST
NAD, a company long known for different-drummer-marching if not iconoclasticism, has taken its “less is more” approach to A/V electronics to new heights, a fact evident from even a casual glance at the T757’s front panel. You’ll see one knob, a 4+1-way cursor/enter pad, and four buttons — period. No touch controls, no thicket of keys behind a drop-down “modesty panel,” nada. And the elegant remote controller is just as clean.
I admire the design freshness and forthrightness: The T757 is a bold stroke for simplicity and usability. To prove it, let me begin with the stuff NAD leaves out (all or most of which you’ll fi nd on every price competitor): a printed owner’s manual (you get a PDF on CD-ROM), superfluous composite- and S-video jacks (you get one output of each flavor, plus two composite ins), superfluous stereo audio jacks (three inputs, no record outputs), THX (anything), any video processing beyond analog-to-HDMI conversion, any DSP-synthesizing ambience listening modes whatsoever, network streaming, an MP3 “restorer” feature. And there’s more. Now, be honest: Is any of the foregoing a deal-breaker?
Also absent are puffed-up power ratings: NAD specs the T757 at 60 watts, all channels driven simultaneously, full-range, at <0.05% distortion. Yet it still qualifies as 7 x 120 watts under the FTC measurement standard.
Stuff you do get includes basic Audyssey auto setup/speaker calibration (but not room-correction EQ), plenty of HDMI and component-video inputs (four each), Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, and plenty of thoughtful design elements.
- FTC: 2 x 120W
- Full Disclosure Power (all channels driven simultaneously): 7 x 60W
- IHF Dynamic Power: 8 ohms, 2 x 137W; 4 ohms, 2 x 243W
- Total Harmonic Distortion at rated power: <0.08%
- IM distortion at rated power: <0.08%
- Damping Factor, 8 ohms: >60
- Input Sensitivity and Impedance: 250mV/47kohms
- Frequency Response: ±0.8dB (ref. 1kHz, 20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Signal/Noise Ratio: >100dB (ref. rated power at 8 ohms, A-WTD); >90dB (ref. 1W at 8ohms, A-WTD)
AM Tuner Section
- Tuning Range: 520 kHz – 1710 kHz (120V version, 10kHz steps)
- Usable Sensitivity: 30dBuV
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 38dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <3%
- Loop Sensitivity 20dB S/N: 66dBuV
FM Tuner Section
- Tuning range: 87.50MHz – 108.00MHz
- Usable Sensitivity: Mono, <15dBuV
- Signal/Noise Ratio: Mono 60dB; Stereo 55dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Mono 0.25%; Stereo 0.5%
- Channel Separation: 40dB
- RDS Decode Sensitivity: 28dBuV
- Idle Power: 53W
- Standby power: <0.5W
- Dimensions (includes feet, knobs and terminals): 17-1/8″ wide, 6-13/16″ high, 15-11/16″ deep
- Weight: 33.9 lb