e love the freedom USB audio affords, but few among us are satisfied with its performance.
Connecting computers or music servers to DACs is problematic because USB, which connects the two together, has a number of limitations—chief among them, compromised sound quality.
LANRover is a breakthrough product that solves the persistent problems and shortcomings of USB audio. Placed between the computer and your DAC, LANRover regenerates newly formed packets of 2-way data that separates the noisy computer or server from the sensitive DAC—becoming an indispensable element in any high-end audio chain. Once installed, you’ll no longer need (or want) any other product in your music’s path.
Jitter and power supply noise, sometimes data losses, challenge even the most carefully designed DACs to sound their best when connected to USB. Further, USB is a fragile 2-way transmission medium with a maximum length of 5 meters permitted before it is unusable. The longer the cable, the greater the degradation. Even the quality of an appropriate length USB cable matters. Customers spend hundreds of dollars for the best available in the hopes of reducing these failings to acceptable levels.
Computing platforms are noisy and jittered environments, rarely optimized for digital audio, which is why ancillary software products like Audirvana, Bit Perfect, and Amarra—as well as hardware accessories that attempt to clean up the interface are so popular.
The PS Audio LANRover solves this fundamental interface issue entirely and, at the same time, offers the freedom to isolate the computer or music server in one room of the home, and the DAC in any other—all without compromise.
Setup is as easy as it gets. LANRover is a matched pair: one near the computer, the other near the DAC, and separated by Ethernet cabling (CAT 5 or 6), or a home router. No additional software or drivers are necessary. For a computer or music server in the same room as the DAC, simply disconnect the existing USB cable (between the computer and DAC) and insert the LANRover pair, separated by any length of Ethernet cabling. If the computer or server’s in another room, the same setup applies, separated by a wired home router (like the one you use for your internet connection).
It’s easy, simple, and the results are nothing short of breathtaking. Truly a component you’ll not be able to live without once installed.
Bottom line. Until you regenerate and isolate USB audio with LANRover, you’ve no idea just how good your computer audio system can sound.
- Regenerates, cleans, and reclocks USB audio data
- Galvanically isolates DAC from computer or music server
- Buffers and retimes audio data irrespective of computer or server
- Removes any need for separating 5V from USB cable
- Eliminates computer jitter
- Removes computer digital and power supply noise
- Increases possible distance between computer and DAC from a maximum of 5 meters to 100 meters
- Works over home LAN router
- Place computer or music server in one room and DAC in any other
- Dramatically enhances sound quality of USB audio
- Works with PCM or DSD audio
- PCM to 352kHz, single or double rate DSD
- Requires no additional software
- Works with any installed USB driver
- Windows, Linux and Mac compatible